Friday 31 October 2008

This Post was written by Lynn fromLynn's Cooking Blog.

Fame is indeed a fickle mistress, and one that I'm afraid I'm currently courting. Today is an important day in the Spencer household. For both Andy, my wonderful husband, and I, start new jobs / careers. His is as an internet radio station manager, producer, writer and broadcaster, mine..................as a food writer and broadcaster. Yikes.

http://www.flagradio.com/

I've got a show!!!!! A weekly 1 hour program about food - what else? I'm going to put links on the radio website for suppliers and also suggest recipes for featured foods that tie in with the topic being discussed.

The radio station goes 'live' today at 12.00 noon and my first show will be broadcast on Monday at 15.00. It's called 'Lynn's Cooking Show', and for my first program, I'm exploring the world of wine, along with someone who I think you'll find a familiar name. They could have offered me Jilly Goolden and Oz Clark , but no, I held out for........Antonia Lloyd . Antonia has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of wines, and the best way of matching them to foods - especially important for the upcoming party season. And if you don't who Antonia is......shame on you!!!!!! She's only a wonderful fellow blogger who's blog 'Food, Glorious Food' should be one of your first ports of call when you're browsing the web. After mine, of course.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Trekkie said...

Ooops, sorry, but I've no idea why it's all underlined.

Saju said...

good luck, I will be listening, I hope.

Wendy said...

How exciting. Talking about food for a living sounds like a cushie number to me! Best of luck.

And superb choice in Antonia, btw. :)

Maggie said...

Good luck!!!

Maggie said...

Lynn - I tuned in for the interview with Antonia - brilliant questions and equally brilliant answers from Antonia. You are definitely a natural for radio.

smithsan said...

Every visit to Food Glorious Food presents a new culinary adventure. Choose from several savory soups, nearly a dozen salads, and a great selection of sandwiches and pastas.
-----------
smithsan
promoter