Thursday 9 October 2008

Child Poverty Day

This Post was written by Anne from Annes Kitchen http://anneskitchen1.blogspot.com


What are you doing for lunch on the 17th October? Chances are even the most planned of us haven't even thought that far ahead yet!

Well this year why not do something different and instead of buying your lunch in, take a packed lunch to work / school / university etc and donate the money you would have spent to Child Poverty Day, you can find more information here: http://www.actionaid.org.uk/childpovertyday/


Why not get your family, friends and colleagues involved too? You can register on their website and download posters, fundraising tips etc, I currently have a pile to blu-tack around my office!
I will be posting my favourite lunch recipes in due course to give you some ideas!


I am also planning to bake and auction them off to raise further funds, is there anything you could do maybe in your place of work? An interesting idea on their website is ask the Police very nicely to 'borrow' a cell for the night and sponsor your boss / director etc to spend the night!! Am sure if you pay enough and ask very nicely they might even keep them longer!

2 comments:

Hollow Legs said...

Thanks for posting this, Anne!

My friend works for Action Aid and asked me to pass along the message. I thought it would be fun if we could blog about a packed lunch and donate the money.

Thanks!

Android 5.0 Jelly Bean said...

What a beautiful blog and a touching entry! I've been enjoying the fascinating histories you include with each post. Do you still update this blog? This is a great post! I don't know if you still check this blog, but I'm doing a school project on WW1 and trench food. This is great inspiration for me, and I hope to be able to put the recipe and photos you have posted to great use! Let me know if it's alright