Monday 10 March 2008

Pat a cake pat a cake baker’s man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can!


Easter Cake Bake


Last March I launched my very first food blogging event, the ‘Easter Cake Bake’. I asked my fellow bloggers to bake themed cakes for Easter. The event went down a storm and had 29 amazingly creative entries. Take a look:

Slater's Lemon Cake 11x umruehren bitte aka kochtopfannes foodBelinda from Wales

Coconut and Limecorum blogcouture cupcakesfruit tart

gruel omeletteHannahs country kitchenkitchen delightskuchenlatein

lemonpiMeleCotteBunnynotes from my food diaryonceuponatart

oooh cakeporcini chroniclesr khooksself-proclaimed foodaholic

tartelettethe well seasoned cookYumSugarEasterCupcakeslatestanelpiatto

Cooking The BooksI think I have a recipe for thatovens to betsyKüchendunst aus Singapur

Jumbo Empanadas



If you click on each picture you'll be taken to the blog that it came from. It was so hard to find a winner but in the end I chose Cheryl at Gruel Omelet for this fabulous entry:

gruel omelette



I hope you're feeling inspired now because we're going back to our kitchens armed with wooden spoons and creativity for round 2! Here's how to enter.

Entry Details

All you need to do is bake a cake, or several smaller cakes, with an Easter theme then post about it on your blog, including a link to this post so that people know what the event is about and how to enter. Feel free to use the logo too.

Once you've baked your cake and posted about it send an email with ‘Easter Cake Bake’ in the subject line to asliceofcherrypie@yahoo.co.uk by Monday 31st March with the following information:

• your name
• the name of your blog
• a link to your post
• a picture of your cake(s)

I’ll post a round up of all entries and announce the winner. Happy baking!


This Post was written by Julia from A Slice of Cherry Pie

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Wow - what a beautiful and inventive cake the winner is!