This Post was written by Licia Accorsi from Del Sole
Happy New Year!
How full of hopes, dreams and lists of good things these three little words are.
We only have the chance to say them once a year so let’s make the most of them!
To get things off to a great start I am sure many of you have on your list to get healthier, perhaps to eat healthier food - maybe even to learn how to cook in this way.
Well, if you cannot come to the store on a day I make this wonderful, fragrant soup, you will need my recipe to make it for yourself. Fortunately, it’s quick, easy and has a fantastic flavour!
This soup is made with some of my favourite ingredients - carrots and millefiori honey - and is also suitable for people who need, or simply prefer, their food to be gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 finely chopped, medium-size, golden onion
- 500g cleaned and chopped carrots
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 700ml hot water with 1 heaped tablespoon of gluten-free or yeast-free vegetable bouillon. Alternatively use 700ml of fresh vegetarian stock.
- 3 generous tablespoons of millefiori honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the oil in a medium pot over gentle heat. Add the onions and cook until golden, then add the celery.
- When the celery is cooked, stir in the chopped carrots and cook until golden on all sides for (normally about 5 minutes).
- Next add the hot water with bouillon or fresh vegetarian stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the carrots are tender throughout but not falling apart.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the millefiori honey.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Add extra water if too thick.
- Adjust with salt or pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This soup is an excellent winter warmer, and is complemented beautifully by a little heart-shaped multiseeded roll.
Just the right food to nourish you and set you off on your journey to conquer the world!