Tuesday 30 October 2007

It's Pumpkin Time!

This Post was written by Holler from Tinned Tomatoes.

Well November is just around the corner and there are lots of pumpkins languishing on those supermarket shelves! Here are some recipes to make the most of them!


My contribution is a gooey Pumpkin Fondue.

Kevin over at Closet Cooking made a gorgeous Pumpkin Cheesecake!

Eat'n ve'gn made a rather delicious looking Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup.

Charlotte, who is tempting her son Freddie around the alphabet of vegetables, made Pumpkin and Smoky Bacon Risotto. Looks good, but as a veggie I think I would substitute the bacon for mushrooms!

Val from More than Burnt Toast exceeded all expectations and made Cinnamon Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Praline Pie!

And our very own Julia made Stuffed Butternut Squash (I know squash, not pumpkin, but you could adapt it to use pumpkin!)

I hope that gives you a few ideas!

Give a pumpkin a home, it's Hallowe'en!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

I just adore pumpkins and have given one a home :) Love the look of your pumpkin fondue, I must call by and take a look at the other dishes too!!

Today I baked pumpkin Pie and made Pumpkin & sweet potato soup

Rosie x

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

You are a truly kind, pumpkin lover!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

The truth has become clear, Rosie. You really love Hallowe'en, don't you? That Vampire Cake, is just fab!

Julia said...

Oh FAB post Holler! I can see lots more of these types of round ups, very useful indeed!

Pixie said...

Everything looks so delicious! Will definately buy some pumpkin this weekend.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Hi Pixie, I liked the idea of your puff pastry Pumpkin Pie, it sounds really good!