Thursday 2 August 2007

Introduction to Annemarie

This Post was written by Annemarie from Ambrosia and Nectar.

1. Where are you based?

Walthamstow, London

2. How long have you been blogging?

Only since June this year but I should have been doing it much sooner, given how much I talk to myself about food.

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?

As everyone else says, it's the great food blogger community and finding so many like-minded people. Also, I find it's making me think in some much more detail about all my meals. If I'm making something, I think of what to put in the 'recipe', of where to source the ingredients, of an easy way to describe the instructions. I think of the presentation of the food (since it must be photographed!) and about how to describe what it is I'm eating. The blogging is giving me the luxury of thinking about my food all the time.

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging?

Fighting my husband for the computer since he also likes to do writing.

5. What inspires you to cook and write?

I love eating and I love extending the pleasure of good food to other people, so cooking and writing about food seems a natural way of tackling both the eating and the sharing.

6. Where do you like to blog?

On the laptop just before or after dinner. We have a desktop as well but I only use it when I draw the short straw. The monitors are broken and display everything in either magenta or cyan – not easy for deciding which food shot is most alluring when it's cast in purple/green.

7. What's your signature dish?

Chocolate brownies. I can whip up a batch in 5 minutes (even under the influence of drink). I can finish eating the batch in about the same time span.

8. What about you might it surprise other bloggers to know?

Like a lot of teenage girls, I saw food as the enemy and spent many years trying to eat as little as possible trying to be thin. My first trip to Italy as a 20 year old opened my eyes very wide, and I realized there was more to food than microwaving it and being afraid of it. I have very happily never looked back since.


No comments: