Sunday 29 July 2007

Introduction to Wendy

This Post was written by Wendy from A Wee Bit of Cooking.

1. Where are you based?
Inverness, Highlands

2. How long have you been blogging?
Since the beginning of the year, 2007. My blog actually started as a reflective professional journal. Gradually, I began to talk less about teaching and more about cooking (which I spend the vast majority of my freetime doing). Since school broke up I've barely mentioned my classes!

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?
As Johanna said in an earlier post, the blogging community is the best thing. I feel like I've connected with people. This is particularly important to me at the moment as, though I have lots of friends scattered around the globe, I don't have many friends in Inverness. Perhaps because I'm always in the kitchen...

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging?
Explaining to people what a blog actually is. Unless I can show them, I find it really difficult to define.

5. What inspires you to cook and write?
It's a creative outlet. Plus its great fun and I love to eat.

6. Where do you like to blog?
I have a wireless connection which enables me to blog in the kitchen, on the sofa, in bed and in the garden. And I do! Draw the line at the bathroom though.

7. What's your signature dish?
Risotto bianco with parma ham and rocket or red pepper and tomato soup.

8. What about you might it surprise other bloggers to know?
I get nervous about cooking for anyone other than my partner or parents. :)

No comments: