Sunday 29 July 2007

Introduction to Antonia

This Post was written by Antonia from Food, Glorious Food!

1. Where are you based?

Battersea, London

2. How long have you been blogging?

Since April, 2007. Very definitely still a novice, but enjoying every minute!

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?

Food blogging inspires me to be much more adventurous with my cooking. Rather than cooking 'the same old thing', I am more experimental as I want to produce something suitably 'blog-worthy'.

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging?

The fact that most of my food is cold by the time I have captured its best angle on camera.

5. What inspires you to cook and write?

I have loved both food and writing for as long as I remember. Last year I took an Open University course in creative writing which I enjoyed, but found that almost everything I wrote about included references or descriptions of food or wine (even my portrayal of a chilling murder scene!). Food blogging therefore seemed a more appropriate outlet for my writing. In terms of culinary inspiration, all the following influence my cooking; the weather, the season, the occasion, my mood, other food blogs, my collection of cookery books and magazines.

6. Where do you like to blog?

At my desk, in the sitting room, sitting on a too-low piano stool that makes my back ache. I must find somewhere better...

7. What's your signature dish?

Hmm. Tricky. I take puddings fairly seriously and would probably say treacle tart. My family would definitely say my beef and horseradish casserole. My friends would, for some inexplicable reason, say my honey and mustard chicken salad. It is the sort of supper I make in a hurry, using whatever is in the fridge. I always serve it up in an apologetic sort of way, but everyone seems to love it.

8. What about you might it surprise other bloggers to know?

Although I love to entertain and do so frequently, most of my cooking is for one as I live alone. Most people say they can't be bothered to cook properly 'just for one', but I find it incredibly therapeutic and go to just as much effort for myself as I do when cooking for a crowd.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Re. Question 8 - I generally cook for one too and I couldn't agree more with what you just said!

Abitofafoodie said...

Hi Wendy,

Great to find someone like-minded!

I find it so strange when people don't bother to cook properly for themselves - I know so many people who say that if they lived on their own, they would just live on toast and the odd plate of salad. Might be good for the waistline, but certainly not good for the soul!