Wednesday 4 July 2007

Introduction to Sarah

This Post was written by Sarah from Eating Britain

1. Where are you based?
Worthing, near Brighton on the South Coast

2. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging about a year ago and food blogging took over a couple of months later.

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?
The other food bloggers! I love the friendly-ness and the passion for everything to do with food. It's so nice to share that passion by reading other blogger's experiences and experiments!

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging?
It's so frustrating when I spend time planning and preparing a dish, only to scoff it before I remember to take a photo!! Ggrrrr!

5. What inspires you to cook and write?
Food is an important part of me. From a very young age I was helping my mum and nan in the kitchen. I learnt so much from watching and doing the odd job, like stir the roux whilst mum was preparing something else. Growing up in a Portuguese family, introduced me to different foods and having adventurous parents, gave me a fairly cultured pallet. Then in my late 20's I became un-well and was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and IBS. Suddenly, many of the foods I love became the enemy and it made me so sad. I started looking for gluten-free recipes on the net and gradually began to realise that I could still eat many things just by substituting ingredients for GF versions or alternatives. I had already started blogging and began reading the blogs of other IBS sufferers and I stumbled across Karina's blog "Recipes from a (Gluten-free) Goddess. I was utterly enthralled and inspired. Karina's recipes are fabulous and her writing inspired me to share my journey into food and cooking from a new angle - the result, food blogging on EatingBritain.com!

6. Where do you like to blog?
I like blogging on my laptop, with my feet up, on the sofa. Somehow I get my best inspiration late at night and have been known to be tapping away until the early hours.

7. What's your signature dish?
I really don't know. I like to cook such a variety of dishes, it's difficult to choose. But judging by repeated requests to make this particular dish, I'd say my sausage & bean casserole. It's yummy and very easy and it's GF, in fact I really should write a post about it...!

8. What about you might it surprise other bloggers to know?
I really, really can't stand green beans!!!


No comments: