Thursday 26 April 2007

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

This Post was written by Culinary Cowgirl from www.culinarycowgirl.blogspot.com.

Getting to know you...

1. Where are you based? Southern Hampshire...I can almost see the Isle of Wight from my house.

2. How long have you been blogging? January 2007. I have had my site since last fall and the idea for it since early 2006...but it took me ages to commit and to kick myself into gear.

3. What's the best thing about food blogging? Okay, I know this sounds cliche, but... getting to write about my passion. That's why I started doing it in the first place...the other "good things" are now just icing on the cake.

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging? Trying to find the time to do it. With my "regular" life taking priority, I sometimes feel guilty about blogging...which I know I shouldn't.

5. What inspires you to cook and write? I've been involved in some aspect of food and writing for quite a while, so it only seems natural. Plus, my grandfather was a true gourmet...it's like a tribute to him.

6. Where do you like to blog? At my desk...that's where the computer is. However, I do keep a notebook in my purse for jotting down ideas and notes while I am out and about.

7. What is your signature dish? Hmmm...tough one...I have a few. Off the top of my head, I would have to say it's my Chicken Chili Rellenos. They're a take on a recipe by Grady Spears...but tweaked and twisted to please my husband's tastes. I also do a mean stuffed tri-tip...but since that cut is not readily available here in England, I have to reserve it for stateside use.

8. What about you might surprise other food bloggers to know? I really am a cowgirl. Honest. I grew up on a cattle ranch in Northern California. For the first part of my life I worked cattle alongside my father and brothers...yes, just like you see in the movies. Therefore, beef is in my blood.



1 comment:

Julia said...

We have a real cowgirl, fantastic! Welcome...