Tuesday 3 June 2008

Your Association, Your Way

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I'm working on some exciting new developments for the UK Food Bloggers Association. Blogger isn't working as a platform for us anymore so I'm looking to move to a new one where we can all contribute and network much more freely. I'm also looking at events and activities that we can become involved in so that the association is more active and offers you, as members, much more.

Things are still in development but most importantly I want to ensure that the association gives you what you want from it. So, I'm keen to hear from you - let me know what offerings you'd like to see from the association, how you'd like to use it, what features you'd like to see on the new platform, and what ideas you have for making the association fun and beneficial to us all. We can get some discussion going on this post or if you'd rather email me please do so at asliceofcherrypie@yahoo.co.uk

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Julia


This Post was written by Julia from A Slice of Cherry Pie

10 comments:

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

I have just a few requirements:

1. The site should show me what other UK bloggers have to say
2. The site should show me what is happening in terms of "UK" blogging.

Basically this just means a clean, easy to use interface that shows me interesting stuff on the front page.

I'd like to see a wider resolution (960px is the norm now...It just makes things more readable on most monitors).

I'd also like to see the calendar moved from the bottom up to somewhere near the top of the sidebar.

Sorry to be picky ;)

Julia said...

Hi Scott,

Not picky at all, and I totally agree with all of those! We'll be moving off of Blogger altogether and we'll have a much better, professinal site that will incorporate everything you've mentioned!

Julia

Unknown said...

Hi Julia,
agree with Scott on point 2, I'd liek to know more abotu what's up in the UK food blogging world, when there are events worth attending, where to meet other food bloggers in real...
Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree about upcoming events! I don't have much to add but it's fantastic that this resource is being developed - thanks for doing it! :)

Anonymous said...

I've just found your site, and think the idea is excellent. I'm also a new food blogger (UK)(http://beadbagsfoodee.blogspot.com/) and would love to know an 'easy' way of getting people to browse my blog. If you have a 'badge' - this should also be easy to install - (particularly if you're not quite sure what's what!)

amandalouden said...

Do you have to live in the UK to be a part of the association? Can I just pretend I dont live in Northern California, USA?

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I think it would be great to have a yearly get together, but apart from that, I am happy to see how it develops. You have done a grea job so far Julia :)

Julia said...

Thanks for all your comments.

Hi Shirly, I'll add you in.

Hi Amanda, it is an interesting one - there doesn't seem to be any global association, does there? Extending the association certainly isn't something I would rule out. At the moment I'm so very busy, working full time and on my own blog as well as the association, so I just don't have the capacity to extend it further, but who knows how it may develop in the future...in the meantime you're very welcome to join the 'A Slice of Cherry Pie' forum to chat to fellow foodies and bloggers - no geographical restrictions there.

Hi Holler - funny you should say that, one of the things I'm very keen to arrange is an annual dinner...watch this space!

Unknown said...

yes yes yes an annual dinner what a good idea! any excuse for a night out I say :) if you need help with the association in any way, I'd love to do a bit...let me know :)

Julia said...

Laura - I appreciate that and may well call on you at some stage!