Friday 9 November 2007

Welcome to My Edible Life

This Post was written by Pete from This Edible Life






1. Where are you based?
South East London

2. Why did you start blogging?
A couple of months ago I decided to jack in a comfortable but uninspiring career to follow my dreams and work in the food industry. After 11 years in the rat race and at the age of 34, I now find myself in the terrifying but exciting position of starting at the bottom again, and in January I'll be joining the Diploma in Food and Wine at Leiths School in London. I decided that I would document my life changing experiences at This Edible Life hoping that it might provide inspiration for anyone else thinking of doing the same thing.

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?
I've rediscovered the joy of writing, something that I haven't had time to do for many years.

4. What inspires you to cook and write?
Going to markets really inspires me to cook. I get a massive headrush when I'm rooting around French markets and I wish every English town had the same. I get inspired to write by the silly things in life and I think the style and content of my blog probably reflects that.

5. What do you like to cook?
On the one hand I love the challenge of cooking really poncey food, with stupidly intricate garnishes, and time-consuming stocks. On the other I love slow-cooked comfort food like stews and long braised dishes. I try and cook something new everyday.


6. What do you hate to cook?
Any form of baking. I just can't deal with precise ingredients!


So that's it. Thanks for reading so far and please check out my blog if you have a moment. As I said, I'm really quite nervous about what the future holds so I need all the encouragement I can get!















2 comments:

Julia said...

Welcome to the world of food blogging Pete!

Pete said...

Thanks very much Julia, it's great to meet like minded people! When's the next "In The Bag" happening, I can't wait to give it a crack?