Wednesday 4 April 2007

Getting To Know You

This Post was written by Ginger from www.dinnerdiary.org

1. Where are you based?
London

2. How long have you been blogging?
September 2006

3. What's the best thing about food blogging?
It gives me a good excuse to cook really good food all the time so that I can photograph it and blog about it. It also allows me to develop my interest in photography; for a long time I wanted to take pictures but didn't know what to take them of.

4. What's the worst thing about food blogging?
I can't cook something and not eat it which means I'm always eating!

5. What inspires you to cook and write?
Most of my spare time is spent thinking or reading about food, I'm inspired to cook by things I've seen on TV, read about in recipe books or online. Fred inspires me too - we blog together so it's a shared hobby too.

6. Where do you like to blog?
Mostly at home, in the lounge.

7. What's your signature dish?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I'm not sure that I have one. Roast beef would be a contender though.

8. What about you might surprise other food bloggers to know?
For the first 27 years of my life I ate very plain food, it's only in the last two years that I've been more adventurous and started to eat / cook Chinese, Thai, Moroccan, Greek food.

3 comments:

Trig said...

Nothing wrong with roast beef (so long as it's rare rather than overcooked) - but in another few years you are going to be hard-pressed to find time for a traditional English roast in-between the wonderful food you are now experimenting with.

My dad laughed when I told him your names. He's a film buff with a collection of over 2,000 classic films, of which ones starring Fred and Ginger have pride of place. I think he's always been in love with Ginger Rogers since he first saw 42nd Street.

Welcome to the club!

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

True, a nice roast beef it worth it's weight in umn, dead cow. I love it.

I'm also a fan of Greek food!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, I haven't been back here for ages.

You've raised a really good point there trig....the more you become interested in cooking then the more you want to cook new things. There are so many things I consider to be favourites that there really isn't time to cook the old favourites. Saying that though, we did good old leg of lamb yesterday but even that was roasted with garlic and anchovies.

Maybe it becomes more about cooking all the old favourites but just doing them in a slightly different way?

G